Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply
The incumbent performs a wide range of secretarial and administrative support duties, primarily for the Medical Staff Office, Continuing Medical Education, Physician Recruitment, and Physician Engagement. Occassional work outside of normal business hours may be required.
• Ability to deal professionally and effectively with physicians and hospital staff
• Ability to discreetly handle sensitive information with finesse
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Strong public relations skills, including effective communication with physicians and professional staff of all disciplines
• Ability to work well under stressful situations, i.e., handling of multiple demands/phone calls simultaneously, with the ability to handle many interruptions while maintaining a courteous response
• Excellent typing, word processing, and data entry skills
• Ability to work with database programs and multiple computer software applications
• Command of good grammar and spelling, knowledge of medical terminology is preferred
• Customer service skills; data entry ability; MS Word proficiency required, knowledge of other MS Office applications, and database management preferred. Typing at least 60 words per minutes.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant administrative experience is required, preferably in a hospital setting
Knowledge of Continuing Medical Education preferred
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.